Search by City
Search by Type
Conference Planning TipsTop ten tips for all ATTENDEES at Conferences/meetings -
- Punctuality - it is important to aim to arrive at least 10 minutes before the start of the meeting, timekeeping is important and the meeting will probably be running to a timed agenda
- Switch off your mobile phone prior to the meeting. If you are expecting an urgent call, never answer the phone at the table, excuse yourself and leave the room
- Close your laptop - If not being used as part of the meeting, keep your laptop closed. Constantly checking emails, shows lack of interest and disrespect for your colleagues
- Don't chew gum at meetings or when with clients, it is not nice and a bad habit
- Try and pay attention to the Speaker, looking bored and disinterested, shows a lack of respect
- Prior to attending a meeting overseas, spend a few minutes online researching the customs of the country you are visiting. Some Muslim countries have strict behaviour and dress codes which should be adhered to
- Don't hug or kiss business contacts you are meeting for the first time. A firm handshake will be a sufficient form of greeting
- Saying 'thank you' is a skill that is fading away but a quick email after a meeting will be appreciated.
Click here to make a conference or meeting enquiry.
Expert venue Finder
Hi there, I'm Elin and I'm available to help you find your next meeting or conference venue FOR FREE! Save hours by letting me do all of your venue searching for you. Call me on 0845 351 9917 or simply leave your details below.